TB Meeting September 9, 2010
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, September 9, 2010 with meeting called to order at 7:05PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said.
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell Councilperson P
Jim Johnson Councilperson P
Chris Barown Councilperson P
Tim Horvath Councilperson P
Ed VanDerWerker Highway Superintendent P
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
Minutes of the August meeting were read. Supervisor Garretson approved the minutes as corrected.
Bills for the month of September are presented:
325 Time Warner Cable Business Class $69.95pd
326 The Freeman’s Journal $84.74pd
327 M Wheelock Disposal $41.50pd
328 Public Goods Pool $513.00pd
329 Harold Couse $55.00pd
330 Joe Weaver $55.00pd
331 Cooperstown Pony Association $60.00pd
332 RBS Inc $250.00pd
333 Joseph Supp $150.00pd
334 Mallory Garretson $60.00pd
335 Ivy Hanlon $150.00pd
336 Alex Denninger $150.00pd
337 Kylie Graham $90.00pd
338 Ashley VanBrink $45.00pd
339 Transcription Associates $635.85pd
340 Verizon Wireless $69.69pd
341 Cherry Valley Hardware $52.68pd
342 The Daily Star $131.14pd
343 Rury’s Food Store $168.24pd
344 Public Good’s Pool $610.00pd
345 Cinta’s Corp. $211.07pd
346 Cornerstone Telephone Company $369.76pd
347 Bassett Healthcare $21,550.62pd
348 Ikon Financial Services $196.91pd
349 National Grid $1,155.83pd
350 Foit-Albert Associates, P.C. $10,624.76pd
351 The Freeman’s Journal $14.82pd
352 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
353 George Cade $4,194.00pd
354 Excellus BC/BS $222.47pd
355 Jaird Johnson $123.50pd
356 NYS Unemployment Insurance $374.88pd
357 MVP Healthcare, Inc. $1,875.38pd
358 Hummels Office Plus $361.72pd
359 Hughesnet $64.99pd
360 Clarks Sports Center $500.00pd
361 NYS Magistrates Association $80.00pd
362 Gruver, Zweifel and Scott, LLP $3,400.00pd
363 M Wheelock Disposal $41.50pd
364 The Freeman’s Journal $12.92pd
365 Medical Arts Press $259.36pd
366 Hummels Office Plus $11.24pd
367 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
368 RBS Inc. $250.00pd
Item 1 (27-32)
Item 3 (103-110)
Item 4 (14-15)
Councilperson Barown made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Horvath seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Information presented to the Town Clerk by Supervisor Garretson is as follows:
· Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of June 2010 is $5,628.
· Dog Control Officers report’s for March, April and July 2010
· NYSDOT S&I adjustment $9,574.56
· NYSDOT voucher NO. UP05110 $1,240.58
· NYSDOTF Court fines/fees $3,639.23
· Need to have a new Dog Licensing Law in place before January 1, 2011
· Revenue for August $50 and Expenses $2,392
· There will be a pork roast dinner coming up on September 18. As well as the Kite Festival.
· Christmas Ornaments are on sale to benefit the Community Crèche
· Cherry Valley Kite Festival-Saturday, September 18, 2010
· Revenue for Aug is $25,484. Expenses are $32,507.
· $760 printer has been purchased with Appreciation Day funds.
· Lever Voting machine Disposal options. After some discussion it was decided that the Town would dispose of the machine.
Community Center Facilities Corp/Old School:
· Tentatively there will be a joint Town/Village Meeting this fall or winter.
· Town and Village board minutes and info available on the website www.cherryvalleyny.us
· Supervisor Garretson spoke with Deb Taylor, Tourism Director, and she stated the money budgeted to remove the old Tourism Booth has been removed from the budget, but she will push to get this money put back into the budget.
· The exit for Cherry Valley will have generic signage for eating (fork, spoon, knife), lodging (bed) gas (gas pump) etc.
· George Cade gave a break down of how the reval review will happen. He would like the Town Board to be a participant with the review as well as the Board of Review.
· Otsego County will be using Delta Engineering for their Road Use Agreement. The Town of Cherry Valley will be using the County’s agreement as a template for our own local law for road use.
· Land Use document still being reviewed.
· Rock Salt contract with Cargill reviewed. Salt usage has gone down with the new salt shed. The Town is using approximately 70% of its quota.
· When the recyclable containers are full the County designates a person to come and empty them.
Resolution 2010-6 Examination and Audit of Town Justice Court Records
PROPOSED ACTION: Required annual examination and audit of town justice court records and dockets
WHEREAS: Section 2019-a of the Uniform Justice Court Act requires that town justices annually provide their court records and dockets to their respective town auditing board, and that such records then be examined or audited and that fact be entered into the minutes of the board’s proceedings; and
WHEREAS: The town justice has presented the court records and dockets to the town board for examination and audit; and
WHEREAS: Record of this examination, audit and resolution will be forwarded to Dennis W Donnelly, Director of Internal Audit, NYS Office of Court Administration. 98 Niver Street, Cohoes, NY 12047; and
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED: The town board conducted the required examination and audit of the court records and dockets of the town justice on January 14th 2010
Motion to adopt Resolution 2010-6 was made by Councilperson Johnson and second by Councilperson Barown. Roll call vote is taken: Supervisor Garretson-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Barown-yes, Councilperson Cornwell-yes and Councilperson Horvath-yes. 5 yes 0 no Duly carried.
Supervisor Garretson presented the 2011 Town of Cherry Valley Tentative Budget. A Public Hearing for the Preliminary Budget will be held on November 11th, 2010 at the Cherry Valley Community Center Conference Room 2 Genesee Cherry Valley, NY County of Otsego at 7:00 o’clock PM. The Town Clerk will publish the notice in the 3 Town Newspapers.
There were no questions and or comments by the public present.
There being no further business a motion is made by Councilperson Horvath to adjourn the meeting, second by Councilperson Cornwell, meeting adjourned at 8:35PM.
Mary Beth Flint
TB Meeting September 9, 2010