TB meeting June 9, 2011
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, June 9, 2011 with meeting called to order at 7:00PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said.
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell Councilperson P
Jim Johnson Councilperson P
Tim Horvath Councilperson P
Chris Barown Councilperson Excused
Ed VanDerWerker Highway Superintendent P
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
Minutes of the May 2011 meeting were read. Supervisor Garretson approved as read.
Bills for the month of June 2011 are presented:
215 NBT Bank $29,280.00pd
216 M Wheelock Disposal $41.50pd
217 Time Warner Cable Business $41.50pd
218 Medical Arts Press $86.96pd
219 Paraco Gas $112.92pd
220 Gruver, Zweifel and Scott LLP $3,500.00pd
221 DCH Enterprises $900.30pd
222 Verizon Wireless $99.50pd
223 Cherry Valley Hardware $2.39pd
224 RBS Inc. $250.00pd
225 RL Parsons Inc $982,63pd
226 Bruce Hall Corp $14.03pd
227 Cornerstone Telephone Co. $375.81pd
228 Cintas Corporation #121 $229.96pd
229 Community Planning Env. Assoc. $50.89pd
230 Route 20 Associates of NYS $100.00pd
231 Postmaster $277.00pd
232 Ikon Financial Services $196.91pd
233 State Comptroller $2,125.00pd
234 William T. Ryan Associates $494.56pd
235 National Grid $1,107.67pd
236 Gates Cole Associates $928.20pd
237 Spectra Environmental Group Inc $1,067.16pd
238 Otsego Iron & Metal Co $576.90pd
239 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
240 CV-S Marching Band Fund $50.80pd
241 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
242 Postmaster $26.40pd
243 MVP Health Care Inc $699.35pd
244 Susquehanna SPCA $503.90pd
245 William T. Ryan Assoc. $377.00pd
246 Hughesnet $64.99pd
247 Carpet Doctor $183.22pd
248 Medical Arts Press $111.99pd
249 Public Goods Pool $492.00pd
250 Clarks Sports Center $500.00pd
251 Edward Harvey $250.00pd
252 Brian Haig $250.00pd
253 Louis Guido Jr $250.00pd
254 Medical Arts Press $94.00pd
255 RBS Inc. $250.00pd
256 Bassett Healthcare $23,267.04pd
Item 1 (11-13)
Item 3 (86-101)
Item 4 (13-14)
Councilperson Johnson made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Cornwell seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 4 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Information presented to the Town Clerk by Supervisor Garretson is as follows:
• Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of March 2011 is $4,895.56.
• Check from NYS Taxation and Finance $18,641.71 S&I Final 10-11
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• There will be a Community Softball Game Day in August as a fund raiser for the Community Center.
• Opera is renting the facility sporadically for the months of June and July
• Designation Petitions for upcoming elections in November are due to the Board of Elections the week of July 11
• Continues to do well.
• Hole in public parking lot has been fixed.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Right of Way Clearance Certificate to NYSDOT. The project is moving forward
• George Cade and Kassy Cade-Laymon reported the Board of Review went well. Approximately 17 people appeared before the Board. There is one issue still pressing.
• Springfield will be going forward with their reevaluation process.
• The Draft Local Land Use Law will be presented to the Otsego County Board meeting on June 13, 2011 at 6:00pm
• Ed sent new maps to Delta Engineers so they can pick new roads to place counters.
• Single Stream Recycling will be in effect. Meaning all recyclables can now be placed in the same container and plastics, glass and cans do not have to be separated starting July 4, 2011
Question and comments from the public present:
Andy Minnig asked what the date of the Public Hearing will be for the Draft Local Land Use Law? The Public Hearing will be June 16 @ 7:00PM.
Richard Page asked if the Board will be voting on the Final Land Use Law. He feels the Board will be making a big mistake if they pass this law. Mr. Page also stated he felt like the token farmer on the Land Use Committee. He felt a lack of respect.
Matt Utter feels the plan is premature. There is no agriculture assessment. The Board will not be doing Justice for the Town. Gas and mineral rights have not been addressed. The Board has not come to the big land owners in Town and spoken to them to get their opinions. There is more wrong with the plan. Where was Nan Stolzenburg approved as the Town Planner?
There being no further business a motion is made by Councilperson Cornwell to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Councilperson Horvath meeting adjourned at 7:45PM.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
TB meeting June 9, 2011