TB meeting September 8, 2011
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, September 8, 2011 with meeting called to order at 7:00PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said.
Roll call of Officers was taken:Tom Garretson Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell Councilperson P
Jim Johnson Councilperson P
Tim Horvath Councilperson P
Chris Barown Councilperson P
Ed VanDerWerker Highway Superintendent P
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
Minutes of the August 2011 meeting were read. Supervisor Garretson approved the minutes as completed.
Bills for the month of September 2011 are presented:324 DCH Enterprises $853.05pd
325 Cherry Valley Hardware $45.82pd
326 Verizon Wireless $100.80pd
327 Cherry Valley Springfield Central School $1,440.00pd
328 The Daily Star $60.30pd
329 Medical Arts Press $33.69pd
330 Cintas Corporation #121 $218.08pd
331 William T. Ryan Associates $1,180.69pd
332 State Comptroller $2,875.00pd
333 Tristan Fralick $225.00pd
334 Brittany Schidzick $225.00pd
335 Olivia Hull $225.00pd
336 Kylie Graham $120.00pd
337 Jessica Carson $120.00pd
338 Joseph Supp $75.00pd
339 Cornerstone Telephone Co. $390.51pd
340 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
341 United Healthcare $71.17pd
342 Bassett Healthcare $27,147.58pd
343 Spectra Environmental Group In $791.13pd
344 Postmaster $42.00pd
345 National Grid $1,225.88pd
346 Ikon Financial Services $196.91pd
347 Public Goods Pool $586.00pd
348 MVP Health Care, Inc. $699.35pd
349 HUGHESNET $64.99pd
350 Edward VanDerWerker $75.43pd
351 Quill Corporation $11.99pd
352 Medical Arts Press $295.00pd
353 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
354 M Wheelock Disposal $44.50pd
355 RBS Inc. $250.00pd
356 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
357 Untied Healthcare $71.17pd
Highway Vouchers:Item 1 (24-30)
Item 3 (133-141)
Councilperson Barown made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Horvath seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Information presented to the Town Clerk by Supervisor Garretson is as follows:
- Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
- Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of June 2011 is $6,120.47.
- NYS Department of Taxation and Finance (Transportation Dept.) check $7,567.64.
- Supervisor Garretson called the NYSDOT inquiring about the Snow and Ice Adjustment check for $37,000. The Highway Department is also expecting a check from the CHIPS program in the amount of $60,000.
- Reservations are coming in at a steady pace
- There will be a work detail on September 17 to fix the riverbank and clean up the debris from the flood.
- Primary Day is September 13 scheduled in the Conference room.
- Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
- Waiting for feedback from Foit-Albert regarding the lack of bids on the Visitor Center project. The project will be opened for re-bid in the spring.
- Councilperson Cornwell was unable to attend the Road Use meeting with Delta last month. Councilperson Cornwell did speak with Bill Isley, Supervisor for Springfield, and found out the State will be the lead agency with this particular Road Use issue. Most likely each Town will have to go through the SEQR process and use their own attorney. Money paid to Delta will or should be refunded. Cherry Valley will have to pass our own Local Law in terms of Road Use.
- Delta Road Program-Joint SEQR process with County revised.
- Highway Files and Equipment will be relocated from Town Court Area.
The following Resolutions will be on file at the Town Clerk’s Office:
Resolution 2011-6 Snow and Ice Contract Extension 2011/2012 between NYSDOT and Town of Cherry Valley presented. Supervisor Garretson made a motion to approve Resolution 2011-6, seconded by Councilperson Barown. Roll call vote was taken: Supervisor Garretson-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Barown-yes, Councilperson Cornwell-yes and Councilperson Horvath-yes. 5 yes 0 no Duly carried.
Resolution 2011-7 Annual Audit of Town Justice Court Records presented: Councilperson Barown made a motion to approve Resolution 2011-7, seconded by Councilperson Horvath. Roll call vote was taken; Supervisor Garretson- yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Barown-yes, Councilperson Cornwell-yes and Councilperson Horvath-yes. 5 yes 0 no. Duly carried.
Resolution 2011-8 Justice Court Assistance Grant application presented. Councilperson Cornwell made a motion to approve Resolution 2011-8, seconded by Councilperson Johnson. Roll call vote was taken; Supervisor Garretson-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Barown-yes and Councilperson Horvath-yes. 5 yes 0 no. Duly carried.
The tentative budget for 2012 is reviewed. A public hearing will be held before the November Town Board meeting at 7:00PM. The Preliminary Budget will be presented at the October Town Board meeting.
Question and comments from the public present:
Motion made by Councilperson Cornwell to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Councilperson Horvath meeting adjourned at 7:51PM.
Respectfully submitted,Mary Beth Flint