TB meeting April 12, 2012
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, April 12, 2012 with meeting called to order at 7:03PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:Tom Garretson Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell Councilperson P
Jim Johnson Councilperson Excused
Chris Barown Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker Highway Superintendent P
Tracy Laughlin Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented. Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:124 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
125 RBS Inc. $250.00pd
126 Rury’s Food Store $156.86pd
127 Cherry Valley Hardware $41.82pd
128 Verizon Wireless $101.45pd
129 RL Parsons Inc $1,436.95pd
130 The Daily Star $29.70pd
131 Tri-County communications Inc $179.10pd
132 DCH Enterprises $1,065.00pd
133 Cintas Corporation #121 $306.09pd
134 Department of the Treasury $754.40pd
135 Cornerstone Telephone Company $386.59pd
136 Ikon Financial Services $196.91pd
137 State Comptroller $970.00pd
138 JB Supply $127.89pd
139 Tavis Austin $200.00pd
140 National Grid $1,274.28pd
141 POS World Inc $123.00pd
142 Bassett Healthcare $24,536.91pd
143 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
144 Medical Arts Press $393.86pd
145 EBS-RMSCO Inc $341.50pd
146 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
147 MVP Health Care Inc $821.98pd
148 Paraco Gas $733.26pd
149 Public Goods Pool $723.00pd
150 Hughesnet $64.99pd
Highway Vouchers:Item 1 (4-8)
Item 3 (44-59)
Item 4 (9-11)
Councilperson Barown made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Laughlin seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 4 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
- Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances. Revenue is doing very well. A little over $80,000 above where we were last year and expenses are down $48,000 from last year. So we are just about $130,000 better than we were. Councilperson Barown asked if we are $30,000 to the good for the Health Center? Supervisor Garretson stated revenue is about $41,000 above from last quarter. The $81,000 includes the court grant for $25,000 and $5,000 for reval which is under the unclassified revenue. Councilperson Barown also asked if we could expect the retirement fund to be reduced next year as well. Supervisor Garretson stated no because retirement is split.
- Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of Jan 2012 is $4,326.05
- Jaird Johnson submitted his dog reports for Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and March.
- The Board of Directors recently met and has decided to up the rental fee from $10 to $20. The Board also reviewed the current job description for the Janitor duties for the Community Center. The Board will also be meeting monthly for next 6 months to discuss issues as they arise.
- Patti Auger contacted Tom regarding a movable baseball fence, which Mary Beth is not aware of.
- Had an amazing month-revenue was over $60,000 due to a $25,000 Medicaid check being hung up for years.
- Office furniture delivered to the new Town Court Room.
- William T. Ryan Associates have begun the renovation.
- Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
- Village and Town had their joint meeting. Supervisor Garretson felt this was a good meeting. When the budget was set up for the Gym area of the building it was set high because there were no figures to compare to and each year it would adjust itself.
- Tavis Austin gave a brief presentation regarding the Delta analysis of the road preservation Law. He asked if we had received the final 3 ring binder of the analysis? And we have not received it yet. We should be getting it soon. The big thrust of the meeting how the Town moves forward. Basically establish a municipal program manager position. This could be anyone. Basic qualifications are computer skills, word processing spread sheets, familiarity with the internet, experienced in public service and or as an elected official, experience as a municipal or economic development planner, highway construction related experience construction technology and engineering studies and or practice. Supervisor Garretson asked if this is done by resolution? Tavis stated this is how Hartwick chose to do it. They made a motion to appoint Tavis the Program manager for Hartwick. The role of the manager is to understand how deep into the Delta law you have to go to make sure the individual person or business is in compliance. Councilperson Cornwell made a motion to appoint Tavis Austin as the Municipal Program manager for the Town; Councilperson Barown seconded the motion all in favor motion carried. Tavis asked if the Town has a Health Officer regarding the garbage issue brought up earlier in the meeting. A citation can be issued.
- Supervisor Garretson asked Chris and Mark to review the Comp Plan.
- Beth Rosenthal gave a brief update on County Business. For more information regarding County Business can be found on the Otsego County web site.
Andy Minnig stated Saturday May 5 at Templeton Hall there will be a symposium on alternative energy presented by Sustainable Otsego.
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Barown Seconded by Councilperson Cornwell.There being no further business meeting adjourned at 8:00pm.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.