TB meeting May 10, 2012
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, May 10, 2012 with meeting called to order at 7:05PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell Councilperson Excused
Jim Johnson Councilperson P
Chris Barown Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker Highway Superintendent P
Tracy Laughlin Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented. Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
151 Michelle Wickwire $1,941.05pd
152 Paraco Gas $86.73pd
153 M Wheelock Disposal $44.50pd
154 Ikon Office Supply $72.00pd
155 Ikon Financial Services $87.00pd
156 RBS Inc $250.00pd
157 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
158 NYS Retirement System $1,082.82pd
159 National Grid $1080.07pd
160 State Comptroller $2,625.00pd
161 Cherry Valley Hardware $83.70pd
162 Otsego County Magistrates Assoc. $40.00pd
163 Verizon Wireless $104.73pd
164 RL Parsons Inc $3,188.18pd
165 Cintas Corporation #121 $303.05pd
166 Cornerstone Telephone Company $397.04pd
167 DCH Enterprises $1,040.70pd
168 Bassett Healthcare $26,737.51pd
169 Jaird Johnson $104.50pd
170 JB Supply $38.95pd
171 Public Goods Pool $706.00pd
172 Route 20 Association of NYS $100.00pd
173 Dorothy Johnson $38.40pd
174 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
175 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
176 Smile Makers $45.93pd
177 Novitas Solutions $723.00pd
178 Medical Arts Press $281.08pd
179 Hughesnet $64.99pd
180 Thompson Electric and Plumbing $4,500.00pd
181 NBT Bank $28,224.00pd
182 MVP Health Care Inc $821.98pd
183 Hummel’s Office Plus $430.74pd
184 Ricoh USA, Inc $37.50pd
185 M Wheelock Disposal $44.50pd
186 RBS Inc $250.00pd
187 William T. Ryan Associates $898.95pd
188 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
Item 1 (9-13)
Item 3 (60-72)
Item 4 (12)
Councilperson Barown made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Johnson seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 4 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances. Health Center Budget is up from last year.
Miscellaneous Information presented to the Town Clerk by Supervisor Garretson is as follows:
• Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of Feb 2012 is $7,946.16
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• There will be a work detail July 7 at the Community Center and Alden Field.
• The Community Center is being booked regularly for the upcoming months.
• The Opera contacted Mary Beth to book dates, however the dates they wanted were already booked.
• Invoice for paint from soccer fields will be submitted for reimbursement from Cooperstown Soccer Association as soon as it is received.
• Automatic self start propane style generator to be installed. The generator is propane operated and will kick on once a week to keep the engine lubed up.
• William T. Ryan Associates continue the renovations at the Court. Carpet has been installed. Painting, bench and Drop Box complete.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Trustee Flint gave a brief update on the Village Bicentennial Celebration plans. The public parking lot in back of the bank is being milled up for the Bicentennial Celebration weekend June 9. Awarded the garbage contract to another Company and the new pick up will be on Thursday’s versus Monday’s. This will begin on June 7.
• Tavis Austin gave Supervisor Garretson a brief update on the “3 ring binder” for the Road Preservation Program received from Delta Project which will be housed at the Highway Department. Tavis was unable to attend the Board meeting.
• A recommendation from the Planning Board to appoint Howard Young to the Board is presented. A motion by Councilperson Barown to appoint Howard Young to the Town Planning Board is made and seconded by Councilperson Laughlin. Motion carried.
• Motion made by Councilperson Johnson for the Highway Superintendent to seek specs for a replacement plow truck for the current Volvo. Seconded by Councilperson Barown.
• A brief update by County Rep, Beth Rosenthal is given. Some brief comments were:
• The County Jail is funded 100% by the tax payers.
• Continuing the process of the divorce from MOSA
• Four rabies cases in the County.
• Copes Corners is being reopened
• For a more detailed County update please visit the Otsego County Website.
Councilperson Barown gave an update on the Library. Currently the CV Library is part of the four County Library system and there is a $100,000 budget short fall and one of the ways to make up for this is to charge a $1 for any inner library loan book that gets sent to the CV Library. In the past this service has been free. The last three years the inner Library loan books came to about 2,500 books per year thus generating a $2,300 budget increase for the Town. Councilperson Barown is hoping this does not happen and would like to see the Library not have to pass this cost on to our patrons at the Library.
Supervisor Garretson stated the Museum is getting a nice renovation.
Question and comments from the public present:
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Johnson Seconded by Councilperson Laughlin.
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:46PM
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
TB meeting May 10, 2012