TB meeting August 9, 2012The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, August 9, 2012 with meeting called to order at 7:15PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was saidRoll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell Councilperson P
Jim Johnson Councilperson P
Chris Barown Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker Highway Superintendent Excused
Tracy Laughlin Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented. Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:264 Jessica Carson $150.00pd
265 Kylie Graham $150.00pd
266 Heather Patterson $135.00pd
267 Addie Wilson $150.00pd
268 Lauren Loucks $150.00pd
269 Ethan Johnson $150.00pd
270 Seth Drugatz $150.00pd
271 DCH Enterprises $854.70pd
272 Cherry Valley Hardware $52.94pd
273 Verizon Wireless $107.52pd
274 Michelle Wickwire $769.03pd
275 Carpet Doctor $183.12pd
276 Richoh USA Inc. $87.00pd
277 Cintas Corporation #121 $267.52pd
278 Service Education, Inc $950.00pd
279 NYS Unemployment Insurance $197.21pd
280 Cornerstone Telephone Company $396.99pd
281 State Comptroller $1,187.00pd
282 William T. Ryan Associates $291.50pd
283 Hummel’s Office Plus $228.98pd
284 Harold Couse $60.00pd
285 Charles Pabst $60.00pd
286 National Grid $1,003.25pd
287 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
288 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
289 William T. Ryan Associates $2,442.20pd
290 Bassett Healthcare $37,623.93pd
291 Edward VanDeWerker $73.92pd
292 William T. Ryan Associates $1,788.83pd
293 Ivan Bosma $90.00pd
294 Kylie Graham $150.00pd
295 Lauren Loucks $135.00pd
296 Jessica Carson $75.00pd
297 Ben Drugatz $150.00pd
298 Ethan Johnson $150.00pd
299 Addie Wilson $75.00pd
300 Heather Patterson $120.00pd
301 Richoh USA, Inc $37.50
302 Public Goods Pool $460.00pd
Highway Vouchers:Item 1 (28-30)
Item 3 (105-118)
Item 4 (15)
Councilperson Johnson made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Barown seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
- Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
- Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of May 2012 is $8,345.62
- Treasurer Otsego County Fringe Benefits $1,691.32
- NYS Dept. of Taxation and Finance $21,861.53
- Received a thank you card from Fred Herr
- Weekends continue to be booked up for each month
- Construction of a Pitched Roof over the Board Room Area Estimate from William T. Ryan Associates is $27,000.
- Board of Elections was notified of the vacancy for Town Councilperson on the Town Board via Certificate of Vacancy. Dennis Laughlin gave and update of how a candidate would proceed to get their name on the ballot as a Democrat, Republican or independent candidate. This is to fill an un-expired term.
- Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
- Tavis Austin gave an update regarding the Hazardous Mitigation Action Plan. He presented a packet of information that will be available in the Town Clerk’s Office. Tavis suggested putting anything we might think of that would need to be done in the next 10 years that could potentially become a problem due to a hazard.
- Councilperson Barown is still reviewing the Comprehensive Plan at this time.
- Final 2012 assessment roll will be posted to the web site.
- Need to advertise in the paper to pick up specs for bids at the Town Highway Garage in the Town of Cherry Valley. Sealed bids will be opened at the next board meeting.
- Beth Rosenthal gave a brief update on County Business. For more information regarding County Business can be found on the Otsego County web site.
- FEMA payments are starting to come in.
- Public Hearing will be scheduled for the next Town Board meeting for Local Law 2012-2 Tax Levy Limit Override.
Superintendent VanDerWerker touched on changing a seasonal road to limited use highway. Need to check with Lynn Green regarding the legality of this issue.
There are no questions or comments from the public present:Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Barown Seconded by Councilperson Cornwell
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 8:05pm.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.