TB meeting October 11, 2012
Mark Cornwell Councilperson P
Jim Johnson Councilperson P
Chris Barown Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker Highway Superintendent P
Tracy Laughlin Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
000 Voided Check #9333
345 Department of the Treasury $833.75pd
346 M Wheelock Disposal $44.40pd
347 RBS Inc. $250.00pd
348 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
349 Verizon Wireless $102.52pd
350 Cornerstone Telephone Co. $404.86pd
351 Cherry Valley Hardware $87.29pd
352 Richoh USA Inc. $87.00pd
353 The Daily Star $53.10pd
354 Tri-County Communications Inc. $179.10pd
355 Tavis Austin $240.00pd
356 Cintas Corporation #121 $305.10pd
357 State Comptroller $1,695.00pd
358 Bassett Healthcare $26,920.85pd
359 National Grid $1,099.35pd
360 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
361 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
362 NBT Bank $1,500.00pd
363 Gates Cole Associates $500.00pd
364 Cherry Valley Historical Associates $250.00pd
365 Cherry Valley Chamber of Commerce $840.00pd
366 Swish Kenco LTD $38.98pd
367 Public Goods Pool $439.00pd
368 Medical Arts Press $312.00pd
369 Richoh USA Inc. $37.50pd
370 DCH Enterprises $965.70pd
371 Hummel’s Office Plus $151.35pd
372 Hughesnet $64.99pd
373 Thompson Electric and Plumbing $3,500.00pd
374 NYS Unemployment $280.13pd
375 CDPHP Universal Benefits $658.74pd
376 Medical Arts Press $69.00pd
377 Paraco Gas $69.00pd
378 M Wheelock Disposal $4.50pd
379 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
380 RBS Inc. $250.00pd
Item 3 (134-142)
- Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
- Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of July 2012 is $6,598.29
- NYS Dept. of Taxation and Finance, Division of Homeland Security $28,629.38
- Copy of letter sent by Supervisor Garretson for check reimbursement to all the monetary contributors to the Visitor Center.
- Letter received from Lynn Marsh and Doug Delong addressing Town Rule with regards to land use
- Dinner and Dance coming up in November. Supervisor Garretson stated revenue is up from last year at this time and expenses were down. Expenses were down as a result of the mild winter we had.
- There is a new stove in the kitchen.
- In regards to the construction of the pitched roof over the boardroom area, construction projects need to be bid if they will exceed $35,000 limit.
- Seasonal to Limited Use Roads Procedure update. Lynn Green, Town Attorney, will address this at a future meeting.
- Bassett Healthcare Medical Record upgrade is happening at the Health Center. Chris Barown from RBS is involved with the EPIC medical record networking process and Jeff Stiles will be involved with the electrical part of it. Bassett has grant money for this transition and RBS will bill Bassett directly for the work.
- Councilperson Cornwell asks who owns the system once it is installed? Chris stated that Bassett would be taking care of the EPIC system in terms of software updates, etc. Chris stated technically the Health Center will be getting higher reimbursements from insurance due to electronic filing.
- Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
- Councilperson Barown gave an update to the Comprehensive Plan and he does not see any major changes that need to be made. He does have some questions regarding the last 2000 Census in terms of numbers and should these numbers be changed to reference the 2010 Census? Things like unemployment rates and average incomes etc. The other recommendation Chris is going to make to the Town Board is there are sections in the Comprehensive Plan like forestry and water quality to name a couple, each one of these sections has recommendations to move the Town in the direction that the Comprehensive Plan is suggesting. Councilperson Barown’s suggestion is to form a committee to go through these recommendations and to see which ones we are doing, which ones we aren’t doing and which ones we should be doing. Councilperson Barown will have a written report for next meeting with his suggestions.
- New truck has been ordered through Beam Mack & Henderson. The truck should arrive roughly around March 2013.
- Beth Rosenthal gave a brief update on County Business. For more information regarding County Business can be found on the Otsego County web site.
- The last FEMA check has been received.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.