TB meeting June 14, 2012
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, June 14, 2012 with meeting called to order at 7:05PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell Councilperson P
Jim Johnson Councilperson P
Chris Barown Councilperson Excused
Ed VanDerwerker Highway Superintendent P
Tracy Laughlin Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented. Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
189 DCH Enterprises $828.45pd
190 Paraco Gas $75.15pd
191 Cherry Valley Hardware $85.67pd
192 RL Parsons Inc $1,701.35pd
193 Verizon Wireless $102.46pd
194 Medical Arts Press $31.98pd
195 Rury’s Food Store $187.95pd
196 Russell Johnson $385.95pd
197 Cinta’s Corporation #121 $249.21
198 Cornerstone Telephone Company $381.14pd
199 State Comptroller $3,765.00pd
200 Foit-Albert Associates P.C. $2,146.00pd
201 Bassett Healthcare $26,488.55pd
202 RBS Inc. $40.00pd
203 Otsego Town Clerk’s Association $50.00pd
204 Edward VanDerWerker $13.24pd
205 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
206 National Grid $831.93pd
207 Richoh USA Inc $69.00pd
208 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
209 Medical Arts Press $170.37pd
210 Public Good Pool $423.00pd
211 MVP HealthCare Inc $821.98pd
212 William T. Ryan Associates $10,000pd
213 Novitas Solutions Inc $24,817.06pd
214 Hughesnet $64.99pd
215 Swish Kenco Ltd $45.60pd
216 CDPHP Universal Benefits $600.00pd
Item 1 (14-21)
Item 3 (73-91)
Item 4 (13-14)
Councilperson Cornwell made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Johnson seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 4 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Miscellaneous Information presented to the Town Clerk by Supervisor Garretson is as follows:
• Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of MAR 2012 is $5,399.01
• NYSDOT Snow & Ice Final payment $3,251.32
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Reservations keep coming in for the summer weekends
• Supervisor Garretson stated the revenue is up for the Community Center this month and expenses are down this month.
• Opera is not utilizing the Community Center this season.
• Supervisor Garretson stated the HC is doing well. HC is up $50,000 in revenue from last year at this time. Audit completed with out incident.
• William T. Ryan Associates has completed the Court Room. The Court Room came out really nice.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Supervisor Garretson extended the Town Boards thanks to Village Trustee Flint for the great job done on the Bicentennial parade last weekend. Dennis Laughlin has posted pictures of the event on the website; cherryvalleyny.com/200 if anyone is interested in viewing the 3,000 + photos.
Community Facilities Corp:
• Jim Johnson was not able to attend the meeting
• Tavis emailed Tom and there are no updates at this time. Delta gave us the approval to use The Town’s name on top of their forms.
• FEMA paperwork has been passed along.
• SPECS for the new truck were given to the Board for review.
• Representative Rosenthal gave an update of County Business. Negotiations underway for Corrections Officers and Road Patrol. Evaluations of Managerial Departments. MOSA continues to be an issue. The Manor is also been a topic of late for the County Board of Reps. ESTS project is slowly going along. County 31 is open now.
Resolution 2012-3-NYSDOT Snow and Ice Contract Extension
Resolution of the Cherry Valley Town Board
Proposed Action: Snow and Ice Contract Extension 2012/2013 - between NYSDOT and the Town of Cherry Valley
Whereas, the NYSDOT and the Town of Cherry Valley have entered into agreement # D010680 entitled “ Indexed Lump Sum Snow and Ice Agreement between the New York State Department of Transportation and the Town of Cherry Valley dated January 14th 1997, and
Whereas, the present term of the agreement as previously extended, expires June 30th 2012, and
Whereas, the said agreement provides for an annual update of the estimated expenditure to be determined by NYSDOT, and
Now, therefore be it resolved: The aforementioned agreement between the NYSDOT and the Town of Cherry Valley is hereby extended for a period of one year; now to expire on June 30th 2013, and
Further be it resolved: The estimated expenditure of the agreement shall be $4,669.40 per lane mile for 12.6 lane miles for a total of $58,834.47 for the 2010/2011 season and for the reminder of the term of the agreement, unless changed by a future update.
Resolution # 2012-3 June 14th 2012
Motion to accept Resolution 2012-3 made by Councilperson Cornwell seconded by Councilperson Johnson. Roll Call vote: Supervisor Garretson-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Cornwell-yes, Councilperson Laughlin-yes, Councilperson Barown-Excused. 4-yes, 0-no, 1-excused. Resolution 2012-3 is duly carried. Councilperson Laughlin asked if this is meant to go forward because the resolution states this is for the 2010-2011 season. Supervisor Garretson will revisit the contract and check the dates and change them if necessary. Supervisor Garretson will change the date before he sends the contract back.
Question and comments from the public present:
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Johnson Seconded by Councilperson Laughlin.
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:40PM
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
TB meeting June 14, 2012