PUBLIC HEARING FOR LOCAL LAW 2013-2 DOG CONTROL LAW FEE REVISION is opened at 7:00PM by Supervisor Garretson.
The Public Hearing is closed at 7:03PM
DRAFT TB meeting February 14, 2013
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, February 14, 2013 with meeting called to order at 7:03PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell Councilperson Excused
Jim Johnson Councilperson P
Chris Barown Councilperson Excused (arrived at 7:30)
Ed VanDerwerker Highway Superintendent P
Tracy Laughlin Councilperson Excused
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
37 Kassandra Cade-Laymon $16.00pd
38 Otsego Electric Cooperative Inc. $104.90pd
39 Dorothy Johnson $402.50pd
40 Verizon Wireless $107.73pd
41 Richoh USA Inc. $87.00pd
42 Town Tax Collector $98.00pd
43 RL Parsons $1,863.60pd
44 Cherry Valley Hardware $53.10pd
45 Postmaster $44.00pd
46 Susquehanna SPCA $110.00pd
47 Postmaster $18.00pd
48 Otsego Telephone Systems Inc $315.00pd
49 Medical Arts Press $7.79pd
50 Swish Kenco LTD $41.65pd
51 Casella Waste Services $44.50pd
52 Rury’s Food Store $155.29pd
53 Mary Beth Flint $21.06pd
54 RBS Inc $175.00pd
55 Postmaster $100.00pd
56 Amber Emerson Testing $175.00pd
57 Otsego County Highway Superintendent Association $100.00pd
58 State Comptroller $3,630.00pd
59 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
60 Hummel’s Office Plus $270.00pd
61 William T Ryan Associates $1,449.05pd
62 Cornerstone Telephone Company $424.53pd
63 Cintas Corporation #121 $253.47pd
64 Thompson Electric and Plumbing $1,528.53pd
65 Dorothy Johnson $59.58pd
66 National Grid $1,228.55pd
67 Cherry Valley Facilities Corp $2,700pd
68 American Legion Post 1360 $480.00pd
69 Cherry Valley Fire District $88,490.00pd
70 Lyman and James Johnson $2,400pd
71 Cherry Valley Library $10,000.00pd
72 Cherry Valley Historical Association $10,000.00pd
73 Sue Miller $350.00pd
74 Silver and Gold Seniors $100.00pd
75 Roseboom Area Senior Citizens $100.00pd
76 Cherry Valley Fireman’s Auxiliary $100.00pd
77 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
78 Otsego Electric Cooperative Inc $49.99pd
79 Public Goods Pool $291.00pd
80 Medical Arts Press $42.62pd
81 Williamson Law Book Company $660.00pd
82 RBS Inc $60.00pd
83 NBT Bank $42,590.71pd
84 CDPHP Universal Benefits $658.74pd
85 Medical Arts Press $273.16pd
86 RICHOH USA Inc $70.80pd
87 Postmaster $106.00pd
88 DCH Enterprises $901.65pd
89 NYS Retirement System $15,173.00pd
90 Michelle Wickwire $105.03pd
91 Otsego County Magistrates Association $40.00pd
92 NYS Magistrates Association $80.00pd
93 Paraco Gas $1,060.66pd
94 Gates Cole Associates $24,027.46pd
95 Otsego Telephone System Inc $2,950.00pd
96 Us Postal Service $1,123.20pd
97 Bassett Healthcare $36,607.01pd
000 Voided Check 9563
000 Voided Check 9506
000 Voided Check 9504
000 Voided Check 9505
Item 3 (16-33)
Item 4 (4-6)
Councilperson Johnson made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Barown seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 3 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Miscellaneous Information presented to the Town Clerk by Supervisor Garretson is as follows:
• Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of November 2012 is $8,644.74
• Thank you card’s received from the Roseboom Area Senior’s Group as well as Kathy Lane Cherry Valley Historical Association
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Little League Coordinator will schedule their own practices and games down at Alden Field for the spring and summer
• Reservations are steady for weekends so far straight through until August
• Town Office Position Terms Expiring in 2013 Supervisor, Town Clerk, Superintendent of Highways, Town Justice Wickwire, two Councilpersons Johnson and Laughlin’s seats.
• CV Fire Dept Past and Present Calendar 2013
• News letter from the State Comptroller’s Office regarding Federal and State Aid Shrink as a Share of Revenues
• Bassett Healthcare EPIC Implementation. Lines have been dropped for the new EPIC computers.
• 5327 Patient visits for 2012-exp/visit $81.95-rev/visit $81.12
• 2012 Community Health Center Annual Report
• Letter from Maureen Kuhn, Health Officer for the Town regarding grant received to update the Medical Records to an Electronic Medical Record
Community Facilities Corp/Old School
• Jim Johnson reported the Corp is working on fund raisers to replace windows in the oldest part of the school.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Kevin Flint reported a water mane break was fixed in front of Rury’s
• Delta FAQ on file at the Town Clerk’s Office
• Supervisor Garretson gave Superintendent of Highways VanDerWerker info regarding the Hazardous Waste Mitigation Plan
• Public Hearing for Seasonal Town Road Local Law on March 14, 2013 at 7:00pm
• Beth Rosenthal was present to give a County Board update.
• Otsego County Treasurer’s statement of moneys paid to the Town of Cherry Valley beginning Jan 1, 2012 and ending Dec 31, 2012
Local Law 2013-2 Dog Control Law Fee Revision is an amendment to our local Law 2011-1 ceased dogs may be redeemed by showing proof of licensing and identification pursuant to the terms of article 7 Ag & Markets by paying the fine set fourth in section 118 of said article. This law is basically to have the Towns fees consistent with the SPCA’s fees.
Motion to accept Local Law 2013-2 Dog Control Law Fee Revision is made by Councilperson Barown and seconded by Councilperson Johnson. Roll call vote of officers: Supervisor Garretson-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Barown-yes. 3 yes 0 no. Local Law 2013-2 is passed.
Question and comments by the public present:
Robert Spencer spoke to the Board regarding land he owns in Cherry Valley at the end of Morton Road. His question to the board is what does it take to change a seasonal road to an open road? Superintendent of Highways Ed VanDerWerker answered; a year round residence. When does Farm the Market apply? He has hay barns on the property, which he stores hay in that he sells throughout the year, however when the snow gets to deep they stop selling hay. He is looking to have the road plowed to accommodate the tractor trailers. Supervisor Garretson stated we have to be careful when touching a seasonal road, then we open ourselves up to all the seasonal roads. Supervisor Garretson will have to get in touch with the Town attorney for guidance on this issue. Mr. Spenser disagrees with that as all the roads that are seasonal in the Town were not deemed seasonal all at once. Highway Superintendent stated if the Town plowed the road and maintained the road to the driveway so people can get in to the barns to get the hay they purchased and then you stopped selling hay and the road was no longer plowed the Town would be liable if someone were to drive down the road and get stranded.
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Barown Seconded by Councilperson Johnson
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:49pm.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
Posted by Town Clerk on Saturday, March 09, 2013