DRAFT TB meeting June 13, 2013
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, June 19, 2013 with meeting called to order at 7:01PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell Councilperson P
Jim Johnson Councilperson P
Chris Barown Councilperson Excused
Ed VanDerwerker Highway Superintendent Excused
Tracy Laughlin Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
000 Voided Check 9746
000 Voided Check 9792
202 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
203 RBS Inc. $250.00pd
204 Ricoh USA Inc. $87.00pd
205 Rury’s Food Store $128.42pd
206 Cherry Valley Hardware $9.25pd
207 Bruce Hall Corp $320.18pd
208 RL Parsons Inc. $1,829.51pd
209 Verizon Wireless $109.86pd
210 Cintas Corp. #121 $256.97pd
211 Jaird Johnson $153.45pd
212 Cornerstone Telephone Company $411.55pd
213 Hummel’s Office Plus $33.44pd
214 National Grid $1,267.94pd
215 Bassett Healthcare $27,073.25pd
216 Tri-County Communications Inc. $170.95pd
217 Casella Waste Services $44.50pd
218 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
219 Otsego Electric Cooperative Inc. $49.99pd
220 William T. Ryan Associates $695.29pd
221 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
222 Public Goods Pool $546.00pd
223 State Comptroller $4,285.00pd
224 Susquehanna SPCA $210.00pd
225 Schoharie Animal Shelter $200.00pd
226 Hummel’s Office Plus $393.40pd
227 Ricoh USA Inc $37.50pd
228 Paraco Gas $539.13pd
229 CDPHP Universal Benefits $698.68pd
Item 1 (11-17)
Item 3 (83-96)
Item 4 (13-14)
Councilperson Cornwell made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Johnson seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 4 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Miscellaneous Information presented to the Town Clerk by Supervisor Garretson is as follows:
• Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of Feb 2013 is $5,620.91
• NYSDOT Snow & Ice $19,373.17
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Nothing new to report. The Center continues to be busy and utilized.
• Best Value Purchase Policy is handed out and will be reviewed at the July meeting.
• EPIC is going well.
• Transfer Station seems to be working better with the new signage. Estimate for security cameras is $3,000. Councilperson Johnson reported a TV was put into one of the bins so the problem is still present.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Supervisor Garretson presented information he received on Article 10 dealing with the SEQR and stuff, it’s a question and answer.
• Town Assessor needs to be appointed or reappointed. Motion made by Councilperson Cornwell to reappoint Kassandra Cade Laymon as the Town Assessor for a 6 year term. Seconded by Councilperson Laughlin. All in favor 4 yes 0 no
• 2003 Volvo Truck sold for $27,350
• 2012 Bridge Inspection report-information on CD
• Beth Rosenthal, County Rep is present and gives an update of County Business.
Question and comments by the public present:
Andy Minnig stated he thought the person who dropped off the TV’s was trying to do the right thing and perhaps better signage would help.
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Cornwell Seconded by Councilperson Laughlin
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:30m.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
DRAFT TB meeting June 13, 2013