DRAFT TB meeting April 10, 2014
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, April 10, 2014 with meeting called to order at 6:59PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson Excused
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Chris Barown-Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker-Highway Superintendent P
Tracy Laughlin-Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk P
Town Attorney Will Green-P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
122 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
123 Dorothy Johnson $26.97pd
124 Ricoh USA Inc $37.50pd
125 Otsego County Hwy Superintendent $100.00pd
126 CDPHP Universal Benefits $698.68pd
127 Medical Arts Press $191.31pd
128 Edward VanDerWerker $65.61pd
129 Cherry Valley Hardware $46.76pd
130 Jaird Johnson $207.35pd
131 Ricoh USA Inc $87.00pd
132 RL Parsons Inc $3,645.08pd
133 A Rose is a Rose $50.00pd
134 Cornerstone Telephone Company $413.59pd
135 Verizon Wireless $102.90pd
136 NYS Retirement System $25.00pd
137 Tri-County Communications Inc $179.10pd
138 State Comptroller $2,780.00pd
139 Cintas Corporation #121 $271.52pd
140 Hummel’s Office Plus $2,144.21pd
141 Paraco Gas $940.73pd
142 Casella Waste Services $45.95pd
143 National Grid $1,992.08pd
144 Medical Arts Press $205.64pd
145 Bassett Healthcare $27,109.64pd
146 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
147 Otsego Electric Cooperative Inc $49.99pd
148 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
149 Medical Arts Press $4,601.96pd
150 Rury’s Food Store $170.52pd
151 Public Goods Pool $489.00pd
152 RBS Inc. $250.00pd
153 CDPHP Universal Benefits $698.68pd
154 Looseleaf Law Publications Inc $13.39pd
155 NYS Unemployment Insurance $1,724.85pd
156 US Postal Service $400.00pd
157 Medical Arts Press $105.97pd
158 Ricoh USA Inc $37.50pd
159 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
160 RBS Inc $250.00pd
Item 3 (58-72)
Item 4 (11-13)
Councilperson Barown made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Laughlin seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Miscellaneous Information presented to the Town Clerk by Supervisor Garretson is as follows:
• Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of Feb 2014 is $4,112.14
• NYS Dept. of Taxation Snow & Ice $6,236.45
• NYS Dept. of Taxation Snow & Ice $61,165.65
• NYS Dept. of Taxation JCAP Grant App $1,561.45
• Thank you note received from CVFD Woman’s Auxiliary
• Thank you note received from Sharon Silver & Gold
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Spring Fling and Dodge Ball Tournament took place last weekend and the Psychic Fair is this coming weekend.
• Councilperson Barown would like to get the storm windows done by next winter.
• Transfer Station is functioning better with On Time Waste being there.
• National Grid will be replacing all the lights at the Town Garage after the audit was completed.
Community Facilities Corp/Old School
• Chris reported they insulated ¾ of the pipes in the basement. The second story windows being replaced/restored and the ply board are slowly disappearing.
• The 10 year commitment with the daycare is up, which is what the Corp had to have in the building when they received the grant money to renovate. The lease will be up with Little Lambs. Discussions are being held how to charge Little Lambs Rent.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Supervisor Garretson received another phone call from the lady that wants to buy the parking lot for a Dollar General Store. For sale of property owned by the Town within the Village needs to have a Public Referendum. Will Green, Town Attorney affirmed this is what needs to happen if the Town decides to move forward with the sale of the parking lot.
• Risk management procedures are handed out to the Board. Every year the Town Insurance Co. asks if we have these policies in place.
• Beth Rosenthal County Rep is present and gives an update on the County Business.
Resolution 2014-2 Speed Reduction Request on County Highway 32
PROPOSED ACTION: Request by the Town of Cherry Valley for a New York State speed reduction on a portion of County Highway 32
WHEREAS: 14 accidents have been recorded and documented by failing to negotiate the curves and turns of the proposed portion of County Highway 32; and
WHEREAS: The safety of the drivers and residents of County Highway 32 are of the up most importance to the Town of Cherry Valley; and
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED: The Cherry Valley Town Board requests that the New York State speed limit be reduced to 45 MPH on County Highway 32, from US Route 20 north to Shulgay Road.
Councilperson Johnson made a motion to accept Resolution 2014-2 Councilperson Laughlin seconded the motion. Roll call vote is taken Supervisor Garretson-yes Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Barown-yes, and Councilperson Cornwell- yes Councilperson Laughlin-yes 5 yes 0 no.
Resolution 2014-2 is duly carried.
Supervisor Garretson has received a resignation letter from Councilperson Laughlin. She has accepted a new position that does not allow her to hold a political office. Councilperson Laughlin’s resignation is affective at the close of tonight’s meeting. It has been a pleasure serving with Councilperson Laughlin. The Town Clerk will notify the Board of Elections of the newly vacated seat on the Town Board.
Question and comments by the public present:
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Cornwell Seconded by Councilperson Laughlin
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:44pm.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
DRAFT TB meeting April 10, 2014