DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING June 11, 2015
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, June 11, 2015 with meeting called to order at 7:05PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Chris Barown-Councilperson P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Holly Waterfield-Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
201 Quill Corporation $32.17pd
202 United Healthcare $38.39pd
203 Time Warner Cable Business $79.95pd
204 Cherry Valley Hardware $3.83pd
205 Verizon Wireless $152.58pd
206 Cornerstone Telephone Co. $419.31pd
207 Cintas Corp #121 $422.70pd
208 RL Parsons Inc $1,154.23pd
209 Ricoh USA Inc $87.00pd
210 Quill Corporation $321.56pd
211 Rury’s Food Store $182.21pd
212 William T. Ryan Associates $121.73pd
213 State Comptroller $3,006.00pd
214 National Grid $812.57pd
215 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
216 Rury’s Food Store $51.45pd
217 JB Supply $202.12pd
218 Otsego Electric Cooperative $49.99pd
219 Public Goods Pool $329.00pd
220 Quill Corporation $42.36pd
221 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
222 Casella Waste Services $48.25pd
223 Bassett Healthcare $32,177.22pd
224 Beam Mack Sales Highway abstract $209,005.53pd
225 United Healthcare Highway abstract $38.39pd
226 Constellation Newenergy Inc $464.60pd
227 Dorothy Johnson $60.00pd
228 Edward Harvey $250.00pd
229 Brian Haig $250.00pd
230 Louis Guido Jr. $250.00pd
231 RBS Inc $824.98pd
232 Ricoh USA $46.64pd
233 Time Warner Cable Business $79.95pd
234 Michelle Wickwire $272.11pd
Item 1 (6-8)
Item 3 (85-103)
Item 4 (16-17)
Councilperson Cornwell made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Barown seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Misc. information to the Town Clerk:
• Sales tax for the month of APR from the County $5679.48
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Food Pantry will be located in the old coaches office
• There was a toy sale for all the left over toys left by the Children’s Center when they vacated the space.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• The Town Attorney inquired about the Town’s dog warden and does his jurisdiction include the Village of Cherry Valley because the Village doesn’t have a Village Dog Warden.
• The Village attorney spoke on this topic in term of a shared service has not been discussed between the two municipalities. The two attorneys have spoken regarding this issue and they will prepare a proposal for both boards in the near future.
Town Planning Board:
• Supervisor Garretson received a letter of resignation from the Planning Board Chairman, Walter Buist
• New truck is in
• Supervisor Garretson and Highway Superintendent VanDerWerker met with a Risk Control management person from the insurance company to make sure policies are in place etc.
• The Highway Superintendent will put together a driver policy
• Switch for the fuel pump
• Job descriptions
• Fire Extinguishers
Question and comments by the public present:
Motion is made to go into executive session to discuss risk problems by Councilperson Barown second by Councilperson Johnson at 7:40pm.
Left executive session at 7:57pm.
Mr. Minnig inquired about tax exempt properties.
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Johnson Seconded by Councilperson Barown. There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:58pm.
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING June 11, 2015