DRAFT TB meeting December 10, 2015
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, December 10, 2015 with meeting called to order at 7:00PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Chris Barown-Councilperson P
Holly Waterfield-Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker-Highway Superintendent-P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
000 Voided Check 11362
414 Rury’s Food Store $165.28pd
415 Optimizer Systems Inc. $250.00pd
416 Time Warner Business $79.95pd
417 Hummel’s Office Plus $311.20pd
418 CVS Teachers Association $25.00pd
419 Kassandra Cade-Laymon $114.75pd
420 United Healthcare Highway Voucher $38.39
421 US Postal Service $305.00pd
422 RICOH USA Inc $87.00pd
423 Cherry Valley Hardware $8.64pd
424 RL Parsons Inc $848.78pd
425 Quill Corporation $108.56pd
426 The Daily Star $43.58pd
427 Cornerstone Telephone Co $451.60pd
428 Cintas Corp #121 $150.04pd
429 National Grid $756.80pd
430 Constellation Newenergy Inc $306.20pd
431 Southern Tier Credit Center $41.23pd
432 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
433 William T. Ryan Associates $2,967.12pd
434 Casella Waste Services $49.22pd
435 Excellus BCBS $140.20pd
436 Otsego Electric Cooperative Inc $49.99pd
437 Edward VanDerWerker Highway Voucher $12.20pd
438 RBS Inc $250.00pd
439 Quill Corporation $109.73pd
440 US Postal Service $245.00pd
441 Susan Schaffer $25.44pd
442 Laurie Spencer $32.19pd
443 Edward VanDerWerker $68.72pd
444 NBT Bank $8,907.27pd
445 CDPHP Universal Benefits $1,276.98pd
446 Quill Corporation $28.77pd
447 State Comptroller $2,796.00pd
448 United Healthcare Highway Voucher $38.39pd
Item 1 (34-35)
Item 3 (164-173)
Item 4 (23-26)
Councilperson Johnson made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Barown seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Miscellaneous Information presented to the Town Clerk by Supervisor Garretson is as follows:
• Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of OCT 2015 is $5,850.05
• Otsego County Deputy Sheriff’s donated $250 for Little League equipment
• Otsego County Deputy Sheriffs PBA donated $250 for Little League equipment
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Rentals have been up for the Community Center. Biddy Basketball has started
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Chris Barown reported the Chamber Auction will take place tomorrow night. Half the proceeds will go towards the Corp.
• Chris also reported the Corp. heard back from the Fenner Foundation for programming for the music and art supplies run by Carl Waldman a donation of $3,000.
• Truck has not been ordered Highway Superintendent is still waiting on some more specs for the truck.
• Superintendent Garretson handed out a SEQR done by the State for preventative maintenance paving of Route 20
• Resolutions passed by the State.
• Training programs for new officials
Motion to move into Executive session is made by Councilperson Barown and second by Councilperson Cornwell. Roll call vote is taken Supervisor Garretson-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Barown-yes, Councilperson Cornwell-yes and Councilperson Waterfield-yes 5 yes 0 no.
Motion is made to come out of Executive session is made by Councilperson Barown and second by Councilperson Waterfield.
Question and comments by the public present:
Public present were asked to leave during executive session and no further business would be happening after executive session. No public returned.
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Cornwell Seconded by Councilperson Johnson
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:29pm.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
DRAFT TB meeting December 10, 2015