DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING February, 2016
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, February 11, 2016 with meeting called to order at 7:15PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Chris Barown-Councilperson P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Holly Waterfield-Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk EXCUSED
Kevin Flint-Deputy Town Clerk-P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
33 United Healthcare $38.39pd
34 Time Warner Cable Business $79.95pd
35 Rurys Food Store $156.00pd
36 Quill Corporation $113.64pd
37 RL Parsons Inc $1,459.38pd
38 Town Tax Collector $52.50pd
39 RICHOH USA Inc $87.00pd
40 Public Goods Pool $14.00pd
41 Hillyard/New York $217.80pd
42 Constellation Newenergy Inc. $364.37pd
43 National Grid $729.51pd
44 Error skipped number unintentionally
45 Michelle Wickwire $42.21pd
46 Cornerstone Telephone Company $451.57pd
47 Kassandra Cade-Laymon $17.50pd
48 Cintas Corporation #121 $193.81pd
49 Hummel’s Office Plus $240.11pd
50 Dorothy Johnson $343.00pd
51 RBS Inc $250.00pd
52 Village Photography $180.00pd
53 US Postal Service $305.00pd
54 Quill Corporation $47.25pd
55 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
56 National Grid $17.64pd
57 US Postal Service $50.00pd
58 Hummel’s Office Plus $215.50pd
59 Public Goods Pool $265.00pd
60 Otsego Telephone Systems Inc $315.00pd
61 State Comptroller $1,755.00pd
62 Casella Waste Services $51.00pd
63 Amber Emerson Testing $160.00pd
64 JB Supply $218.86pd
65 Otsego County Hwy Superintendent $100.00pd
66 US Postal Service $114.00pd
67 Otsego Electric Cooperative Inc $49,99pd
68 William T Ryan Assoc $918.04pd
69 Constellation Newenergy Inc $5.35pd
70 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
71 Williamson Law Book Co $660.00pd
72 CDPHP Universal Benefits $1,276.98pd
73 NYS Retirement System $23,794.00pd
74 NYS Magistrates Association $80.00pd
75 Cherry Valley Town Clerk $12.04pd
76 US Postal Service $305.00pd
77 RICOH USA Inc $37.50pd
78 Time Warner Cable Business $79.95pd
79 Thomas Garretson $11.22pd
80 United Healthcare $38.90pd
81 Bassett Healthcare $30,816.54pd
Item 3 (16-31)
Item 4 (5-7)
Councilperson Cornwell made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Johnson seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Misc. information to the Town Clerk:
• Sales tax for the month of DEC $7,048.02
• Food Pantry Director, Amy Garretson requests a copy of Community Center events sent electronically if possible
• Supervisor Garretson received a call from Town Attorney, Will Green, regarding the appraisal amount for the Gates Cole building. Attorney Green is going to draft a letter stating the amount will be locked in for the next 3 years as long as the building remains the same. If improvements or additions are made to the building then a reevaluation will be warranted. Gates Cole will also not receive back taxes.
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Biddy basketball is going well
• Supervisor Garretson and Maureen Kuhn, FNP at the Health Center had a meeting recently with Frank Partenza, Frank Panzerella, Steve Hennigan, Mark Horton and Joe Sellers to see if Bassett can help with the Health Center operations with regards to billing and capturing revenue. They all agree they want to keep the Cherry Valley Health center as the Cherry Valley Health Center. Because the CVHC is a rural health center this separates them from Bassett being a regional Health Center in terms of billing for services.
• Councilperson Barown stated the recent fundraiser for the Health Center brought in $5,600
• Justice Wickwire has back files that need to be shredded. Shredding of these documents will be done by a professional shredding service.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Mayor Flint reported things are running smoothly so far this winter with the mild temperatures.
• Tavis Austin has moved from the area. If the Town needs environmental consulting work we will have to find someone else. Councilperson Waterfield states the OCCA, Otsego County Conservation Association, has hired a replacement for Tavis his name is Danny Lapin, environmental planner.
• Still waiting for new truck.
• Supervisor Garretson received an email from Dave Bliss, County Rep stating he won’t be able to attend many meetings as Roseboom and CV have the same meeting nights.
• Councilperson asked Supervisor Garretson to contact Andy Minnig regarding the bed tax revenue needs to come towards CV.
• Workman’s comp is going to be handed over to the Town’s to be responsible instead of the County.
Question and comments by the public present:
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Cornwll Seconded by Councilperson Waterfield.
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:45pm.
Kevin Flint, Deputy Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING February, 2016