DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING April 14, 2016
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, April 14, 2016 with meeting called to order at 7:03PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Chris Barown-Councilperson P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Holly Waterfield-Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
000 Voided check 11604
131 Time Warner Cable Business $79.95pd
132 Ricoh USA Inc $87.00pd
133 Quill Corporation $113.03pd
134 Department of the Treasury $907.45pd
135 Cherry Valley Hardware $36.58pd
136 Tri-County Communications Inc $179.10pd
137 Cintas Corporation #121 $151.03pd
138 State Comptroller $3,700.00pd
139 Cornerstone Telephone Co $450.60
140 RL Parsons Inc $2,170.09pd
141 Mosert, Manzanero & Scott LLP $3,600.00pd
142 Constellation Newenergy Inc $479.41pd
143 National Grid $865.03pd
144 Southern Tier Credit Center $60.00pd
145 Public Goods Pool $219.00pd
146 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
147 Oneonta Garage Doors $385.00pd
148 Edward VanDerWerker $20.30pd
149 US Postal Service $473.00pd
150 Casella Waste Services $51.00pd
151 NYS Retirement System $30.00pd
152 Otsego Electric Cooperative Inc $49.99pd
153 William T. Ryan Associates $3,237.91pd
154 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
155 CDPHP Universal Benefits $1,276.98pd
156 Bassett Healthcare $30,195.64p
157 Ricoh USA Inc $37.50pd
158 RBS Inc $250.00pd
Item 1 (1)
Item 3 (46-61)
Item 4 (10-14)
Councilperson Barown made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Johnson seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Misc. information to the Town Clerk:
• Sales tax for the month of FEB $4,166.64
• Thank you card from Cherry Valley Whiteman Hall-Snyder American Legion Post 1360
• Thank you card from Sharon Silver and Gold
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Board of Directors will be meeting this month to discuss general maintenance as well as gym floor resurfacing and other agenda items.
• Swim program cannot be done at Clark’s Spots Center this year because of the construction project. Canajoharie School has been contacted regarding pool rental. Councilperson Barown will speak with Mr. Keane at CVSCS.
• Councilperson Cornwell will check with the SUNY Cobleskill regarding pool rental as well.
• Councilperson Waterfield reported the Stihl Co. wood like to donate a piece of power equipment to the Town for hosting the Woodsman chopping demo at the Community Center recently.
• Justice Wickwire will be resigning at the end of June
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Meeting will be cancelled for April due to Primary Elections
• SEPQR review for blasting
Resolution #2016-2 of the Cherry Valley Town Board
Proposed Action: Request of Financial Restructuring Board Services
Whereas, the NYS Financial Restructuring Board (FRB) is offering the service of a comprehensive review of a municipalities operation, and
Whereas, the Town of Cherry Valley has been identified as being eligible for grant and or loan funds to address identified cost saving initiatives, and
Now, therefore be it resolved, to start the process, eligible municipalities must pass a resolution requesting assistance and forward that resolution to FRB
Motion made by Councilperson Barown seconded by Councilperson Cornwell to accept Resolution 2016-2 as presented. Roll call vote is taken: Supervisor Garreston-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Barown-yes, Councilperson Cornwell-yes and Councilperson Waterfield-yes. 5-yes 0-no Resolution 2016-2 duly carried.
Question and comments by the public present:
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Cornwell Seconded by Councilperson Barown
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:52pm.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING April 14, 2016