TB MEETING May 12, 2016
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, May 12, 2016 with meeting called to order at 7:01PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Chris Barown-Councilperson P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Holly Waterfield-Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
159 Hummel’s Office Plus $212.88pd
160 Time Warner Cable Business $79.95pd
161 Rury’s Food Store $130.00pd
162 United Healthcare $38.39pd
163 Lyman and James Johnson $2,400.00pd
164 Cherry Valley Hardware $3.19pd
165 RL Parsons Inc $1,342.77pd
166 Cintas Corporation $188.54pd
167 Ricoh USA $87.00pd
168 Hummel’s Office Plus $85.84pd
169 Cornerstone Telephone Co. $462.69pd
170 Constellation Newenergy Inc $471.64pd
171 National Grid $911.31pd
172 Casella Waste Services $51.00pd
173 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
174 Quill Corporation $193.95pd
175 Fredy Herr $309.77pd
176 JB Supply $145.77pd\
177 Associations of Public Historians $30.00pd
178 State Comptroller $8,649.00pd
179 Otsego electric Cooperative Inc $49.99pd
180 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
181 RBS Inc $250.00pd
182 NBT Bank $39,056.25pd
183 Route 20 Association of NYS $100.00pd
184 CDPHP Universal Benefits $1,276.98pd
185 Dorothy Johnson $43.40pd
186 Ricoh USA Inc $37.50pd
187 Quill Corporation $89.95pd
188 Bassett Healthcare $32,800.13pd
Item 1 (2-5)
Item 3 (62-78)
Item 4 (15-16)
Councilperson Barown made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Johnson seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Misc. information to the Town Clerk:
• Sales tax for the month of MAR $6,984.23
• Treasurer of Otsego County Snow & Ice $3,267.31
• Received letter of resignation from Justice Michelle Wickwire effective June 30, 2016
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Supervisor Garretson presented a check from WalMart Volunteerism program in the amount of $1,514.16
• Handed out the monthly calendar of events to the Town Board
• Carpet will be cleaned in the Board Room on May 27
• The swim program will be tabled for the year due to the Clark Gym pool being closed for renovations this summer.
• Councilperson Barown stated he had to replace the Router at the Town and Village offices and he wasn’t sure who pays for this.
• Three computers running Windows XP need to be replaced.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Mining permit is still a work in progress.
Question and comments by the public present:
Dennis Laughlin asked about a missing speed limit sign on Neilson Road. Highway Superintendent VanDerWerker stated he has the sign.
Motion made by Councilperson Barown to go into Executive Session seconded by Councilperson Cornwell. All in favor 5-yes 0-no
Motion to come out of Executive Session made by Councilperson Johnson and seconded by Councilperson Barown. All in favor 5-yes and 0-no
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Barown Seconded by Councilperson Johnson
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:48pm.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
TB MEETING May 12, 2016