DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING JUNE 09, 2016
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, June 09, 2016 with meeting called to order at 7:04PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Chris Barown-Councilperson P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Holly Waterfield-Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes corrected and accepted as corrected.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
189 Time Warner Cable Business $79.95pd
190 Susquehanna SPCA $150.00pd
191 Public Goods Pool $206.00pd
192 United Healthcare $38.39pd
193 Hummel’s Office Plus $64.50pd
194 Ricoh USA Inc $87.00pd
195 Cherry Valley Hardware $37.67pd
196 RL Parsons Inc $1,257.52pd
197 Cintas Corporation #121 $151.03pd
198 The Daily Star $9.96pd
199 Cornerstone Telephone Company $450.37pd
200 RBS Inc $250.00pd
201 Constellation Newenergy Inc $348.23pd
202 National Grid $732.47pd
203 Casella Waste Services $51.00pd
204 Rury’s Food Store $104.00pd
205 Public Goods Pool $453.00pd
206 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
207 Spectra Environmental Group Inc $5,972.37pd
208 Gates Cole Associates $874.70pd
209 Otsego Electric Cooperative Inc $49.99pd
210 US Postal Service $1,082.50pd
211 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
212 Quill Corporation $124.91pd
213 Bassett Healthcare $34,849.11pd
214 CDPHP Universal Benefits $1,015.77pd
215 Recorded on Highway Abstract
216 Recorded on Highway Abstract
217 Time Warner Cable Business $79.95pd
218 Green and Green Attorney $2,525.00pd
VOIDED CHECK 11678
Item 1 (6-9)
Item 3 (79-91)
Councilperson Barown made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Johnson seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Misc. information to the Town Clerk:
• Sales tax for the month of APR $5,306.69
• Wal-Mart check
• Rose Morley Michelle Wickwire’s Court Clerk is resigning her position.
• Tracy Donavan has expressed an interest in filling the empty Justice seat. The Board will look into how to appoint Tracy to the vacant Justice seat.
• Cherry Valley Artworks sent a Thank you for the donation. Artworks also sent a notice stating the County Board gave Artworks $3,500 towards the Kite Festival in previous years and this year the contribution has been reduced to $750. Artworks were notified of this reduction 5 months before the Kite Festival. Artworks are asking if the Community Center fee could be waived this year. Councilperson Barown made the motion to waive the fee this year seconded by Councilperson Cornwell. Motion carried all in favor 5 yes 0 no.
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Swim program will be held at Public Landing in Springfield
• The Gym will be closed for the month of August to do some much needed maintenance. Resurfacing the gym floor, minor repairs and painting.
• The rug in the conference room has been vacuumed.
• Association of Towns put the Energy out to Bid and Constellation Energy won the bid again for this year.
• Kevin Flint is redoing the sign for the Health Center and he inquired how the wording will be for the sign. There was some discussion among the Board and a final decision was not reached yet. Supervisor Garretson will get back in touch with Kevin with the wording.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Mayor Flint is present at tonight’s meeting and he gave an update on Village business.
• New truck is still in Syracuse
• Councilperson Waterfield asked about what Stihl product the Town Highway would like. Superintendent VanDerWerker stated the backpack blower would be nice.
Question and comments by the public present:
Andy Minnig thanked the Board for waiving the Community Center rental fee on behalf of Artworks for the Kite Festival.
Motion made by Councilperson Barown to go into Executive Session at 7:46pm seconded by Councilperson Cornwell. All in favor 5-yes 0-no
Motion to come out of Executive Session at 7:56pm made by Councilperson Cornwell and seconded by Councilperson Barown. All in favor 5-yes and 0-no
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Cornwell Seconded by Councilperson Johnson
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:56pm.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING JUNE 09, 2016