DRAFT TB meeting July 11, 2013
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, July 11, 2013 with meeting called to order at 6:58PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson Supervisor P
Mark Cornwell Councilperson P
Jim Johnson Councilperson P
Chris Barown Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker Highway Superintendent P
Tracy Laughlin Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
230 RBS Inc. $250.00pd
231 Carpet Doctor $384.00pd
232 Medical Arts Press $$143.68pd
233 Russell Johnson $$120.57pd
234 Time Warner Cable Business $$69.95pd
235 NBT Bank $15,512.00pd
236 Michelle Wickwire $$320.70pd
237 Thomas Garretson $$429.00pd
238 Verizon Wireless $$107.54pd
239 RL Parsons Inc $448.66pd
240 The Daily Star $55.35pd
241 Ricoh USA Inc $87.00pd
242 Cintas Corporation #121 $378.92pd
243 William T. Ryan Associates $128.05pd
244 Tri-County Communications In $179.10pd
245 Paraco Gas $27.22pd
246 State Comptroller $3,280.00pd
247 National Grid $1,033.74pd
248 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
249 Casella Waste Services $44.50pd
250 Cornerstone Telephone Company $394.53pd
251 Otsego County Code Enforcement $250.00pd
252 Otsego Electric Cooperative Inc $49.99pd
253 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
254 Bassett Healthcare $28,045.02pd
255 NYS Unemployment Insurance $351.66pd
256 Public Good Pool $255.00pd
257 Gates Cole Associates $927.00pd
258 CDPHP Universal Benefits $698.68pd
259 ABM Fire Equipment Inc $63.00pd
260 Ricoh USA Inc $37.50pd
261 Quill Corporation $97.83pd
262 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
263 RBS Inc $250.00pd
264 US Postal Service $270.80pd
Item 3 (97-110)
Item 4 (18-22)
Councilperson Cornwell made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Barown seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 4 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Miscellaneous Information presented to the Town Clerk by Supervisor Garretson is as follows:
• Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of Jun 2013 is $5,542.88
• Treasurer of Otsego County Mortgage Tax 10/12-3/13 $6,620.00
• Treasurer of Otsego County Snow & Ice Fringe 2012-2013 $2,916.05
• Treasurer of Otsego County Snow and Ice Jan-Apr 2013 $55,098.14
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Alumni Banquet is this Saturday
• There will be a Fun Day planned for August with a softball tournament. Proceeds to benefit the Cherry Valley Museum.
• Best Value Purchase Policy will be presented at a Public Hearing at the August 8 meeting at 7:00PM
• EPIC is going well.
• Transfer Station still seems to be getting miscellaneous TV’s. Abandoned TV’s were found on Keller Road.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• Mayor Flint gave an update on the fixing of Alden Field and the entrance to Alden Field. Main Street sidewalks are being fixed.
• Councilperson Barown gave an update on individuals having the option to intervene in Commission proceedings. Councilperson Barown made a motion for the Town Supervisor to be an intervener for the Town, Councilperson Laughlin second the motion. All in favor 5-yes 0-no. Motion carried. Councilperson Cornwell wants it to be clear that the Town will not be an intervener for other Townships who have opted on to be intervener’s for themselves.
• Reminder to reapply for the Individual Star exemption
• Culvert ordered for Barringer Road
• State declared the County a disaster area; however FEMA has to wait until the President signs the document.
• Gates Cole Rep met with Tom and ED and requested the driver’s license from the Highway Department workers. This information will be placed on file with DMV and if anything happens with a particular license the Town will be notified.
• Beth Rosenthal, County Rep is present and gives an update of County Business.
On a sad note the Town Attorney, Lynn Green, passed away. His services will be this Saturday for all who can attend.
Question and comments by the public present:
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Barown Seconded by Councilperson Johnson
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:42PM.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
DRAFT TB meeting July 11, 2013