PUBLIC HEARING OPENED AT 7:01PM FOR 2015 PRELIMINARY BUDGET FOR THE TOWN OF CHERRY VALLEY
Dennis Laughlin inquired about Health Center revenue and how did it jump so much? Councilperson Barown answered with there was a delay in compensation for services provided by Medicaid and Medicare. Noticed Mortgage tax was lower than anticipated due to slow economy in terms of real estate sales within the Town. It is difficulty for individuals to get financing to purchase land.
Motion made by Councilperson Barown to close the public hearing and seconded by Councilperson Cornwell. All in favor 4 yes 0 no.
Public hearing closed at 7:05PM
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday, November 13, 2014 with meeting called to order at 7:05PM by Supervisor Garretson.
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Chris Barown-Councilperson P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
287 Bruce Hall Corp. $591.89pd
288 Cherry Valley Hardware $28.98pd
289 RBS Inc $250.00pd
290 Otsego Telephone Systems Inc $95.00pd
292 US Postal Service $447.00pd
293 Ricoh USA $38.24pd
294 Ricoh USA $91.35pd
295 David Yerdon $25.00pd
296 Verizon Wireless $151.85pd
297 Paraco Gas $64.05pd
298 Cornerstone Telephone Company $402.82pd
299 Otsego County Assessors Association $45.00pd
300 Cintas Corp. #121 $329.85pd
301 Hummel’s Office Plus $80.42pd
302 Casella Waste Services $45.95pd
303 US Postal Service $48.00pd
304 JB Supply $126.78pd
305 Edward VanDerWerker $72.30pd
306 Jaird Johnson $153.45pd
307 State Comptroller $4,679.00pd
308 National Grid $931.28pd
309 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
310 Otsego Electric Cooperative $49.99pd
311 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
312 Public Goods Pool $864.00pd
313 Medical Arts Press $198.26pd
314 US Postal Service $286.55pd
315 CDPHP Universal Benefits $824.95pd
316 Thomas Garretson $11.41pd
317 Ricoh USA Inc. $37.50pd
318 Bassett Healthcare $31,266.94pd
Item 1 (46-48)
Item 3 (153-166)
Item 4 (20)
Councilperson Johnson made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Barown seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 4 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Misc. information to the Town Clerk:
• Sales tax for the month of Sept $9,421.39
• Dog reports going back to May and up to November
• Supervisor Garretson presented information Councilperson Cornwell to apply for a grant for trees for Arbor Day.
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• WIC is not moving from the Community Center as the need for mandatory internet access is delayed until 2019 by the State. However they are using a jetpack through Verizon to have access to the internet as needed.
• Biddy Basketball has begun.
• Thanksgiving Eve Dance will be November 26
• Need to have the Carpet Doctor clean the Board room carpet.
• Would like to replace the heavy tables with the lighter white tables each year as the budget allows along with chairs
• Legion held their Run/Walk and it went very well.
• Community Center Board will be meeting next week to discuss a work detail and other issues as needed.
• Councilperson Barown has been asked to sit on the Food Pantry Board to see this service continue for people in the surrounding area.
• Town and Village board minutes online @ cherryvalleyny.us
• HS VanDerWeker needs to do some blasting @ the quarry and Spectra Environmental Group will be modifying the current mining permit to have a baseline which includes surveying the quarry this will cost $8,500. Motion to have Spectra revise current Minor permit is made by Councilperson Barown and seconded by Councilperson Cornwell. All in favor 4 yes 0no. Motion carried.
• Workman’s comp expense is being handed over to the Town’s. For the Town of Cherry Valley it is going to be an extra $12,000 a year. Need to budget this for 2016
• The only change in the Budget is the Town did not have the Fire Department’s budget and now we do so that is the change in the Preliminary Budget.
Town of Cherry Valley 2015 Preliminary Budget adoption. Motion to adopt the budget as presented is made by Councilperson Cornwell and seconded by Councilperson Barown. All in favor 4 yes 0 no. 2015 Budget has been adopted.
Resolution 2014-11 NYS DOT Local Roads Listing Update/Correction
Proposed action: Review and update/correction to the New York State Department of Transportation Local Road Listing as requested.
Whereas: The Town of Cherry Valley listing has been reviewed and updated where necessary.
Please see the attached document for the details of the resolution:
Motion to accept Resolution 2014-11 NYS DOT Local Roads Listing-Update/Correction is made by Councilperson Johnson and seconded by Councilperson Cornwell. Roll call vote is taken Supervisor Garretson-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Barown-yes and Councilperson Cornwell-yes. 4 yes 0 no. Resolution 2014-11 is duly carried.
Question and comments by the public present:
Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Spencer asked that Morton Road be kept open all year as they need to get their wood supply to customers.
Mrs. Spencer also inquired about the Food Pantry’s hours and will there be a notice somewhere so people will know when the Food Pantry can be accessed.
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Johnson Seconded by Councilperson Cornwell. There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:47pm.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.