DRAFT TB meeting October 10, 2013
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday,
October 10, 2013 with meeting called to order at 7:02PM by Deputy Supervisor Barown
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor Excused
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Chris Barown-Councilperson/Deputy Supervisor P
Tracy Laughlin-Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker-Highway Superintendent P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk P
Reading of last months minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented.
Any corrections can be made to the Town Clerk. Motion to accept the minutes as presented is made by Councilperson Johnson and seconded by Councilperson Cornwell All in favor-yes Motion carried.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
000 Voided Check 9905
000 Voided Check 9974
000 Voided Check 9999
346 RBS Inc $250.00pd
347 Novitas Solutions $1852.00pd
348 Medical Arts Press $77.54pd
349 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
350 Verizon Wireless $106.90pd
351 Cherry Valley Hardware $12.39pd
352 RL Parsons Inc $278.00pd
353 Ricoh USA Inc $87.00pd
354 The Daily Star $44.55pd
355 Cintas Corporation #121pd
356 Tri-County Communications Inc $179.10pd
357 State Comptroller $2,290.00pd
358 Cornerstone Telephone Company $410.44pd
359 National Grid $873.02pd
360 Public Goods Pool $617.00pd
361 Medical Arts Press $184.20pd
362 Time Warner Cable Business $74.95pd
363 Casella Waste Services $45.95pd
364 Otsego Electric Cooperative $49.99pd
365 Excellus BC/BS $140.20pd
366 Bassett Healthcare $28,814.44pd
367 Rury’s Food Store $163.48pd
368 William T. Ryan Associates $378.48pd
369 Hummel’s Office Plus $296.04pd
370 Tony Miles $19.00pd
371 US Postal Service $1,578.80pd
372 CDPHP Universal Benefits $698.68pd
373 Medical Arts Press $271.69pd
374 Ricoh USA Inc $37.50pd
375 NYS Unemployment Insurance $290.79pd
376 RBS Inc $250.00pd
377 Time Warner Cable Business $69.95pd
378 US Postal Service $27.80pd
Item 1 (39-44)
Item 3 (130-142)
Councilperson Johnson a motion to accept the invoices and payments as read Councilperson Laughlin seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 4 yes 0 no. Motion carried.
• Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Miscellaneous Information presented to the Town Clerk by Deputy Supervisor Barown is as follows:
• Town share of monthly County sales tax collected for the month of August 2013 is $6,903.25
• A/R NYS Department of Taxation and Finance check $5,012.00
• A/R NYS Thruway Authority CHIPS check $21,547.00
• Preliminary budget is handed out to the Board.
Community Center/Alden Fields and Park:
• Reservations have been increasing
• Assemblyman Lopez is holding a Town Hall meeting on November 21, 2013 at 6:00PM or 6:30PM
• October 26 there will be a Pork Roast Dinner to benefit the children’s Christmas fund.
• Deputy Supervisor Barown stated there have been problems collecting revenues. Also down approximately 300 visits. Some of this is due to everyone is down visits and the new EPIC system being installed and staff learning the system appointments were not booked heavily during this time.
• Councilperson Cornwell inquired if there was any damage during the recent storm to the new roof being installed? Highway Superintendent VanDerWerker stated no there were sump pumps on the roof to take care of excess water.
• Councilperson Cornwell also asked what the budget was for the project. Deputy Supervisor Barown stated his recollection was high 20’s $27,000 or $26,000. There was a discount given on the trusses. Councilperson Cornwell thought he remembered $24,000
Community Facilities Corp/Old School
• Chris Barown is officially the Vice President of the Facilities corp. Sam Dubben officially stepped down as President and now Richard Saba is the President. There are empty seats that still can be filled.
• Superintendent VanDerWerker is ready for winter.
• County Rep Beth Rosenthal gave an update on the County Board business.
Resolution 2013-5 Amendment to Contract #D01680 of the Municipal Snow and Ice Contract Agreement
Proposed Action: Amendment to Contract #D01680 of the Municipal Snow and Ice Contract Agreement
Whereas, due to the severity of the winter and the high cost of fuel during the 2012/2013 season, the municipality requests that the Municipal Snow and Ice Agreement estimated expenditure be revised to reflect the additional lane miles of state roads that were plowed and or treated during the afore mentioned season, and the additional costs associated with the higher fuel prices, and
Whereas, all terms and conditions of the original contract extension remain in effect except the original estimated expenditure of $58,834.47 will have an additional adjustment of $6,236.45 for a revised estimated expenditure of $65,070.92, and
Now, therefore be it resolved, this board authorizes Thomas Garretson-Supervisor to enter into amendment B which will adjust the 2012-2013 snow and ice contract for a revised payment factor with the New York State Department of Transportation.
Motion by Councilperson Cornwell to accept Resolution 2013-5 Seconded by Councilperson Johnson. Roll Call vote is taken: Supervisor Garretson-Excused Deputy Supervisor Barown-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson Cornwell-yes and Councilperson Laughlin-yes 4yes 0no. Duly carried.
Copies of the Preliminary Budget with changes made to the Health Center Budget from Monday nights meeting is handed out. Supervisor Garretson would like any changes to be forwarded to him in the next two weeks.
Question and comments by the public present:
Dennis Laughlin is concerned there is a problem with the Town Planning Board as he had brought business for the Town Planning Board in August and September and there were only two members in attendance and no quorum. It is concerning to Mr. Laughlin as an attorney representing clients that it is important to be able to have business acted on in a timely fashion. Two consecutive meetings in a row there was no quorum to conduct business even after discussing with the chairman in August Mr. Laughlin needed to have this action taken care of. Mr. Laughlin was assured by the chairman there would be a quorum at the September meeting and there wasn’t.
Motion to adjourn-Councilperson Cornwell Seconded by Councilperson Laughlin
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:40pm.
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
DRAFT TB meeting October 10, 2013