Motion made to open the Public Hearing for the Town of Cherry Valley and Village of Cherry Valley Joint Planning Board is made by Councilperson VanDerwerker and 2nd by Councilperson Johnson at 6:45PM on Thursday February 17, 2022
Village Board members present:
Amy Herr-Village Clerk, Lou Guido-Mayor, Ed Harvey-Village Trustee and
Ian Feulner-Village Trustee
Trustee Harvey asked once the Boards are joined does Village relinquish any jurisdiction or final say over properties in the village? Lorraine Bosma, Chairperson for the Town Planning Board answered no to this question. The new Planning Board will consist of Village and Town members. If there are any decisions to be made on Village and or Town properties and there aren’t any representatives from the Town or Village at a particular meeting there will be no final decisions made until all members can be present at a future meeting.
No further public comments.
Motion to close the public hearing is made by Councilperson Cornwell and 2nd by Councilperson Johnson. All in favor 4 yes 0 no The public hearing is closed at 7:01PM
DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING FEBRUARY 17, 2022
Supervisor Garretson called for a moment of silence for the passing of Robert Loucks past Supervisor for the Town of Cherry Valley.
This meeting is dedicated to the memory of Robert Loucks, past Supervisor for the Town of Cherry Valley.
The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday February 17, 2022 with meeting called to order at 7:01PM by Supervisor Garretson
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker-Councilperson P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Highway Superintendent Marty Field-P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk-P
Reading of last month’s minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented and or corrected.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
HEALTH CENTER FUND
09. Cherry Valley Hardware LLC $45.60pd
10. RL Parsons Inc $927.80pd
11. Maureen Kuhn $450.00pd
12. Spectrotel $582.02pd
13. Constellation Newenergy Inc $139.53pd
14. National Grid $153.50pd
15. Quill Corporation $232.98pd
16. Otsego Telephone Systems Inc $615.00pd
17. Ricoh USA Inc $72.87pd
18. Excellus BC/BS $110.24pd
19. Bassett Healthcare $71,356.54pd
20. Public Goods Pool $451.00pd
21. Ricoh USA Inc $17.80pd
22. Quill Corporation $207.98pd
23. American Wholesalers $51.99pd
24. Bassett Physicians Group $161.79pd
19. Jeff Stiles Contractor $7,265.95pd
20. United States Treasury $566.04pd
21. Otsego County Code Enforcement $50.00pd
22. Cherry Valley Hardware LLC $17.51pd
23. Thomas Garretson $24.76pd
24. RL Parsons Inc $3,216.11pd
25. Spectrum Enterprise $74.95pd
26. Spectrum Enterprise $89.95pd
27. Hummel’s Office Plus $47.41pd
28. The Daily Star $476.52pd
29. Spectrotel $730.04pd
30. American Wholesalers $102.85pd
31. Excellus BC/BS $126.17pd
32. Lorraine Bosma $83.01pd
33. US Postal Service $160.00pd
34. Drogen electric Supply $1,916.82pd
35. Fargo Overland Protective Service $120.00pd
36. Emerson Testing LLC $245.00pd
37. Hometown Hauling $40.00pd
38. State Comptroller $3,543.00pd
39. Constellation Newenergy Inc $242.93pd
40. National Grid $309.94pd
41. Cintas Corporation #121 $288.68pd
42. Hummel’s Office Plus $5.08pd
43. Williamson Law Book Company $785.00pd
44. Bruce Hall Corp $707.16pd
45. Deb Whiteman $800.00pd
46. Philadelphia Insurance Company $862.00pd
47. United Healthcare $17.65pd
48. Sue Miller $370.00pd
49. Cherry Valley Emergency Squad $300.00pd
50. American Legion Post 1360 $560.00pd
51. Cherry Valley Historical Association $10,200.00pd
52. Cherry Valley Library $10,200.00pd
53. Cherry Valley Fireman’s Auxiliary $150.00pd
54. Cherry Valley Fish and Game Club $150.00pd
55. Cherry Valley Fire Department Company 1 $300.00pd
56. Cherry Valley Facilities Corporation $3,600.00pd
57. Artworks $2,050.00pd
58. Lyman and James Johnson $2,800.00pd
59. Gates Cole Associates $30,732.96pd
Voided check #14463
Voided check #14499
Item 1 None
Item 3 (446-457)
Item 4 (160-162)
Councilperson Johnson made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as presented, Councilperson Cornwell seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 4 yes 0 no
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
- Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Misc. information to the Town Clerk:
- Otsego County Treasurers check for Sales Tax for the month of DEC $10,767.50
- Otsego County Treasurers check for snow and ice $3,984.59
- Thank you card received from the Cherry Valley Fireman’s Auxiliary
- Thank you from Jane Sapinsky from Artworks
Community Center Alden Field and Park:
- Biddy Basketball games and practices have been going well.
- Town and Village Board Minutes and info- www.cherryvalleyny.us
Town Planning Board:
- Lorraine Bosma, Chairperson received an email from Omni regarding a previous contract for a solar farm by the Cherry Valley Springfield Central School. This contract became void with not meeting certain deadlines in 2019. A new contract is being drafted by Green Street Power partners. This contract has been sent to the school’s attorney.
Local Law 2022-1 Joint planning board for the Town and the Village of Cherry Valley has been presented to the Board Motion to accept Local Law 2022-1 as presented is made by Councilperson VanDerwerker and 2nd by Councilperson Johnson. Roll call vote is taken: Supervisor Garretson-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson VanDerwerker-yes, Councilperson Cornwell-yes 4 yes 0 no Local Law 2022-1 is adopted.
Current Chairperson Lorraine Bosma is presenting the following Joint Planning Board members and terms:
Frank McGrath-1 year term
Lisa Hershey-2 year term
Ellen LaSalle-2 year term
Lorraine Bosma-4 year term
Dave Cornilia-3 year term
Cierra Utter-5 year term
Karen Walker-5 year term
Tracy Donavan Laughlin
- Email to Marty Field from Alex Hillis regarding a clothing drop to be placed near the recyclable bins. Marty warned that they could end up with more garbage than clothing.
Public Questions, Comments and concerns…………..2 minute limit per request
No public comment from public present.
Motion made by Councilperson Cornwell to adjourn the meeting 2nd by Councilperson Johnson.
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:26PM.
Next Town Board meeting will be Thursday, March 10, 2022 7:00PM
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk
Town Board minutes were recorded.
Post a Comment