The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday December 14, 2023 with meeting called to order at 7:00PM by Supervisor Garretson
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker-Councilperson P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Highway Superintendent Marty Field P
Mary Beth Flint-P
Reading of last month’s minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented and revised and or corrected.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
HEALTH CENTER FUND
104 Spectrotel $294.16pd
105 American Wholesalers $53.35pd
106 National Grid $154.32pd
107 Constellation Newenergy Inc $109.61pd
108 Ricoh USA Inc $72.86pd
109 Medicare Part A $74.86pd
110 Quill Corporation $516.97pd
111 Quill Corporation $18.59pd
112 Quill Corporation $42.18pd
231 Elan Financial Services $102.60pd
232 Miller’s Cleaning Service $842.40pd
233 State Comptroller $1,791.00pd
234 Hummel’s Office Plus $46.31pd
235 Bruce Hall Corp $25.96pd
236 RL Parsons Inc $3,423.38pd
237 State Comptroller $2,697.00pd
238 Spectrotel $397.79pd
239 Charter Communications $84.95pd
240 Charter Communications $99.95pd
241 National Grid $295.10pd
242 Constellation Newenergy Inc $157.57pd
243 Cintas Corporation #121 $353.36pd
DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING DECEMBER 14, 2023
244 Hometown Hauling $43.25pd
245 Excellus BC/BS $312.68pd
246 United Healthcare $17.65pd
247 Amy Garretson $480.00pd
Item 1 (289-293)
Item 3 (689-699)
Item 4 (202-205)
Councilperson VanDerwerker made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as presented, Councilperson Waterfield seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 5 yes 0 no
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
- Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances
Misc. information to the Town Clerk:
- Otsego County Sales Tax for the month of OCT $8,457.21
- Otsego County Mortgage Tax $6,592.56
Community Center Alden Field and Park:
- Biddy basketball has begun
- Modified practices have also begun
- Red Cross Blood Drive is scheduled for December 21
- Supervisor Garretson spoke with Elizabeth Holmes at NYS Ag and Markets and the Town is doing everything we possibly can. Beginning in 2025 Rescue sites will be part of the States annual inspections. Supervisor Garretson also spoke with Stacy Haynes and the Town Attorney and everything has been done that can be done at this point.
- Liz Keller has her own codes and is filing her taxes like she should be. She is on record.
- Town and Village Board Minutes and info- www.cherryvalleyny.us
- Supervisor Garretson spoke with Howard Young and he is looking into placing 400-500 acres into the Otsego Land Trust
- Frank McGrath asked if Supervisor Garretson has spoken to the Mayor of the Village regarding the combined WIFI. Supervisor will be pursuing this after the first of the year to revamp WIFI and phone service through Spectrum.
- Frank was at a meeting with NYSERDA and there is quite a bit of money available for
DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING DECEMBER 14, 2023
- programs that don’t require up front money. For example, the Village and or the Town encourage upgrades to save energy and make improvements monies are available by submitting a form to NYSERDA.
- HSField reported on the annual 284 form allowing highway superintendent to allocate money for roads through the year. This form needs to submitted every year for this purpose.
- Freightliner is currently back in Albany for service.
- Specs for another new truck is submitted to the board.
- Chipper will be here Tuesday.
- Filed paperwork to replace the bridge on Mill Road
Resolution 2023-6 Section 284 Expenditures of Highway Monies
On file at the Town Clerk’s office.
Motion to adopt Resolution 2023-6 is made by Councilperson Cornwell and 2nd by Councilperson VanDerwerker all in favor 5-yes 0-no. Roll call vote: Supervisor Garretson-yes, Councilperson Johnson-yes, Councilperson VanDerwerker-yes, Councilperson Cornwell-yes and Councilperson Waterfield-yes. 5-yes 0-no
Public Questions, Comments and concerns…………..2 minute limit per request
Andy Minnig stated he is disappointed the Town Attorney is in attendance at tonight’s meeting. Mr. Minnig also presented 2 affidavits from an employer of the Dog Rescue. Mr. Minnig also states the Town Dog Ordinances is not being enforced.
Motion made by Councilperson Cornwell to adjourn the meeting 2nd by Councilperson Waterfield
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:48PM.
Next Town Board meeting and organizational meeting will be Thursday, January 11, 2024 7:00PM
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board meeting was recorded