The regular meeting of the Town Board of Cherry Valley was held on Thursday July 14, 2022 with meeting called to order at 7:00PM by Supervisor Garretson
Pledge to the Flag was said
Roll call of Officers was taken:
Tom Garretson-Supervisor P
Jim Johnson-Councilperson P
Ed VanDerwerker-Councilperson P
Mark Cornwell-Councilperson P
Highway Superintendent Marty Field-P
Mary Beth Flint-Town Clerk-Excused
Reading of last month’s minutes will be dispensed of and minutes accepted as presented and or corrected.
Presentation of invoices and payments:
HEALTH CENTER FUND
70 Spectrotel $282.54pd
71 National Grid $147.78pd
72 Ricoh USA Inc $72.87pd
73 Bassett Healthcare $64,918.59pd
74 Constellation Newenergy Inc $228.39pd
75 Ricoh USA Inc $17.80pd
76 Public Goods Pool $212.00pd
77 Millers Cleaning Service $842.40pd
Voided check 1818
150 Cardmember Service $38.88pd
151 Sportee Designs $160.16pd
152 RBS Inc $2,700.00pd
153 Bruce Hall Corp $198.46pd
154 Hummel’s Office Plus $537.33pd
155 Tri-County Communications Inc $179.10pd
156 Spectrum Enterprise $74.95pd
157 Spectrum Enterprise $89.95pd
158 Spectrotel $383.85pd
159 National Grid $236.33pd
160 Cintas Corporation #121 $267.70pd
161 Millers Cleaning Service $2,011.12pd
162 Excellus BC/BS $301.25pd
163 Constellation Newenergy Inc $305.46pd
DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING July 14, 2022
164 United Healthcare $17.65pd
165 State Comptroller $4,080.00pd
Voided check 14668
Item 1 (204-208)
Item 3 (500-507)
Councilperson VanDerwerker made a motion to accept the invoices and payments as presented, Councilperson Johnson seconded the motion. The invoices and payments have been presented and accepted. All in favor 4 yes 0 no
Presentation of Invoices and Payments:
- Budget reviewed as well as NBT Account balances.
Misc. information to the Town Clerk:
- Otsego County Treasurers for Sales Tax for the month of MAY $8,212.94
- Otsego County Treasurers for mortgage tax $11,484.20
- Otsego County Treasurers Snow and Ice $39,061.61
Community Center Alden Field and Park:
- Supervisor Garretson reported the Alumni Banquet was held last weekend and 150 alumni attended.
- Volunteer Day was held last Saturday to erect some new playground equipment donated by the Cherry Valley Girl Scout troop.
- Swim program has 65 kids signed up.
- Town and Village Board Minutes and info- www.cherryvalleyny.us
Town Planning Board:
- Otsego County wants the Town to participate in the Hazzard Mitigation process.
- Email from Oneida outdoor cleaning business looking to fill up water for a house power washing he is scheduled to do.
- Quote for truck is 14 to 18 months out and subject to change. Parts are getting difficult to get and getting more expensive.
- Starting CHIP sealing next week.
- Two trucks that need grates need to be redone. Price quote to do a set of grizzly grates is $5,300 per set of grates
DRAFT ONLY TB MEETING July 14, 2022
- Quote for culvert repair on mpbell Road for a squash tube is $10,500 for just the tube.
Public Questions, Comments and concerns…………..2 minute limit per request
Phil Durkin thanked HWD for paving Palmer Road. Mr. Durkin also inquired about the sign for Route 20 scenic byway? HWS Field stated they have the bracket made just have to get up there to install the sign.
Andy Minnig asked where the pavement ends is that were the Town Line ends? HWY Superintendent Field stated we a little beyond so when the Town of Sharon turns around on the corner they won’t be turning around on a seam and breaking up the pavement.
A Village resident asked a question regarding a water stop. He was directed to present his question to the Village Board.
Motion made by Councilperson Cornwell to adjourn the meeting 2nd by Councilperson VanDerWerker
There being no further business meeting adjourned at 7:33PM.
Next Town Board meeting will be Thursday, August 11, 2022 7:00PM
Mary Beth Flint, Town Clerk
Town Board meeting was recorded